It was my birthday last week. Since I love cooking & baking, I grabbed the opportunity and made these delicious pesto twisters. They’re easy, low budget and super fast to make. You can use store-bought pesto, but making it yourself is so much yummier and not hard to make, I promise! As soon as I take off the lid of my food processor and smell the freshly made pesto, I instantly think of summer! Here’s what you need:
Ingredients (±15 pcs)
- 1 rectangle sheet puff pastry
- a handful of basil leaves
- 50gr pine nuts
- 1 clove of garlic
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 to 2 tbs olive oil
- big pinch of salt
- frying pan
- food processor
- a lined baking tray
- Preheat the oven 200ᴼC / 390ᴼF
- Roast the pine nuts until golden brown. They burn easily so keep them on medium fire and turn them every few seconds.
- Put the roasted pine nuts with the rest of the ingredients in the food processor and mix them until well combined. The consistency shouldn’t be dry nor runny. Add a tbs of olive oil if need be.
- Place the puff pastry onto a clean surface and add the pesto on top. Spread this out thinly by using the round side of a spoon.
- Make 2 to 3cm vertical cuts, starting from the short edge of the pastry. Grab a wisp at each side and twist them both in opposite directions. Press the sides down a bit so they keep their form and place them onto the baking tray. Continue with the rest.
- Cover the twisters with olive oil wash and bake them for 10 minutes or until golden.
- Let them cool down a bit before you serve them.
These are a surefire win for every occasion, enjoy!
Do you have a go-to recipe? Share it in the comment section below!